January 10, 1855
There Will Be Offered For Sale at Public Auction at the SLAVE MARKET, CHEAPSIDE, LEXINGTON, All the SLAVES of JOHN CARTER, Esquire, of LEWIS COUNTY, KY., On Account of His Removal to Indiana, a FreeState. The Slaves Listed Below Were All Raised on the CARTER PLANTATION at QUICK’S RUN, Lewis County, Kentucky.
3 BUCKS Aged from 20 to 26, Strong, Ablebodied
1 Wench, Sallie, Aged 42, Excellent Cook
1 Wench, Lize, Aged 23 with 6 mp. old Picinniny
One Buck, Aged 52, good Kennel Man
17 Bucks Aged from twelve to twenty, Excellent
TERMS: Strictly CASH at Sale, as owner must realize cash owing to his removal to West. Offers for the entire lot will be entertained previous to sale by addressing the undersigned.
JOHN CARTER, Esq.
Po. Clarksburg Lewis County, Kentucky]
- Slaves For Sale jango Action Figures (purposegiven.wordpress.com)
- Rediscovering Slavery (eradica.wordpress.com)
- Muslim slave market footage from the 1960′s (themuslimissue.wordpress.com)
- When is a railroad not a railroad? (tkmorin.wordpress.com)
- Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean (themuslimissue.wordpress.com)
- Today in 1808 the importation of slaves into the United States is banned. (carl-leonard.com)
- No Freedom Isn’t Free: Ancient Egyptians Paid Their Way Into Slavery (geekosystem.com)
- Slavery by Another Name, by Douglas A. Blackmon by Ted Pearson (zcommunications.org)
- Little Known Black History Fact: A Slaves’ Christmas (blackamericaweb.com)
- Quentin Tarantino: Slave Profiteer (jeffwinbush.com)