After the death of DILG Jesse Robredo, a close-friend of President Benigno Aquino, followed the appointment of a new Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines. But that is not all to it because she is the first highest magistrate to occupy a top position in the judiciary.
Her name is Ma. Lourdes Sereno, the 24th Chief Justice and 52 years old, who will serve as the second longest tenure in the judicial department for 18 years, compared to Cayetano Arellano who served for 19 years.
- President Aquino appointed Justice Sereno as the New Chief Justice (rojan88.wordpress.com)
- Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno (rightonthemark.wordpress.com)
- Sereno now new SC chief justice: The end justifies the means? (rqjavines.wordpress.com)
- PNoy names Sereno new Chief Justice (leytesamardaily.net)
- First Lady Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines! (tinommcc.wordpress.com)
- SC Justice Sereno must give up herself as an option (rqjavines.wordpress.com)
- Acting Chief Justice Antonio Carpio leads eight nominees (legalnotes.wordpress.com)
- Sereno takes oath as new Chief Justice (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- First woman Chief Justice (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Sereno named as new Chief Justice (newsinfo.inquirer.net)